What it means to be a foundation trustee
An exploration of the role
- Rosie Chapman, independent consultant; Carol Mack, Chief Executive, ACF
This seminar has been designed to provide a tailored overview of trustee roles and responsibilities within the context of trusts and foundations, and it will include a discussion of current compliance and governance issues affecting them.
The seminar will:
- explore the similarities and differences between the governance of trusts and foundations, and that of the wider charity sector
- discuss trustee roles and responsibilities, with particular emphasis on what this means for trust and foundation trustees
- consider the attributes of a successful foundation board
- explore the regulatory framework for charities within which UK based foundations operate, including reference to OSCR (Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator) and CCNI (Charity Commission for Northern Ireland)
- discuss current compliance and governance issues of relevance to foundation boards.
Will interest: Trustees of trusts and foundations who are interested in finding out more about the role.
firstname.lastname@example.org | 0207 255 4499
Cost to members: £40
Cost to non-members: £100