What it means to be a corporate foundation trustee
- Fiona Ellis, Trust Manager, Millfield House Foundation
Being a trustee of a corporate foundation is a unique role. This seminar will be an opportunity to explore with other corporate foundation trustees:
- The different models, sizes and governance structures of corporate foundations (and where your foundation sits in this)
- The risks and opportunities that exist specifically for corporate foundations
- The key legal responsibilities of trustees of corporate foundations
- The opportunities for corporate foundations to influence the corporate body and vis versa
- The issues around utilising the different assets you have as a corporate foundation.
There will also be an opportunity to network with fellow corporate foundation trustees and by the end of the seminar we hope to have provided participants with a broad understanding of some of the issues connected to being a corporate foundation trustee, allowing you to govern with increasing confidence and awareness of the role you hold.
Fiona Ellis has lectured internationally on aspects of philanthropy. Previously she was Assistant Director (Arts) at the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation, and was Director of the Northern Rock Foundation (the foundation set up by the bank of the same name in 1997).
Fiona currently serves as Chair of the BBC Appeals Advisory Committee; and is Trustee of the People’s Operator Foundation.
email@example.com| 0207 255 4499
Cost to members: £62
Cost to non-members: £88