Early bird booking for members is open until 10 October.
Members, please note you will need to be logged in in order to access the member booking rates.
Tuesday 06 November 2018
6.30pm for a 7pm start, central London
Speaker: Raheel Mohammed, Director, Maslaha
Conference delegates are invited to this three course dinner the evening before to relax, meet peers, and start conversations around our theme. Our speaker is Raheel Mohammed, Director of Maslaha, a charity which aims to change and challenge the conditions that create inequalities for Muslim communities.
£40 per person includes a three course dinner and drinks.
ACF Annual Conference 2018
Borders, Barriers and Boundaries
Wednesday 07 November 2018
9.15am - 5.30pm, BMA House, London
Can thinking about foundation practice in relation to borders, barriers and boundaries provide a lens in disorientating times? This is the theme we will be exploring at ACF's Annual Conference 2018 for staff and trustees from organisations which are either endowed foundations or which makes grants for charitable purposes.
Download the conference brochure here.
Chaired by Andrew McCracken, Chief Executive, Community Foundation for Northern Ireland, panellists sharing their insights will be:
- Matthew Taylor, Chief Executive, RSA;
- Bridget Anderson, Professor of Mobilities, Migration and Citizenship, University of Bristol; and
- Ruth Ibegbuna, Director, The Roots Programme.
Please see the brochure to make your choices.
- The stock market cycle: from despair to euphoria
- Punching above our weight – fostering social change as a small foundation
- The value, challenges and opportunities of small grants programmes
- Talking about race – challenges and actions
- Incentivising social-purpose organisations to trade more: exploring match trading grants
- Harnessing the benefits of place based funding – a new model for supporting cross-sector collaboration
- Developing an integrated diagnostic service for the social sector
- Time and money: building resilience for long term foundation investors
- Applying the learning: funder responses to emergencies
- Cohesion and integration: How can we design and measure projects to break down barriers?
- ‘Nothing about us without us’: working with disability
- Connecting the countries – improving your reach in devolved nations
- Custodian of values – Chief Executives as guardians of their foundation’s principles
- Old dogs, new tricks? Foundations behaving differently to meet new challenges
Please click here for details of hotels near to the conference venue.
The conference takes place at BMA House, Tavistock Square, London, WC1H 9JP
For more information on Data Protection, Terms and Conditions, Photography and AV Recordings at the Conference and Buersaries please click here.
This conference would not be possible without the generous support of ACF's Official Partners: