Senior Programme Coordinator (Funding)
Accountable to: Programme Manager
Responsible for: The Senior programme co-ordinator does not have line management responsibility, but may do in future
Purpose of the role:
The purpose of the programme co-ordinator role is to manage and monitor Local Trust’s funding programmes, primarily Big Local, providing support to those we fund. This role is particularly focused on managing relationships with Big Local partnerships and funded organisations and providing advice and guidance to key stakeholders on the delivery of the programme. The role also has a strong focus on effectively understanding, monitoring and managing financial and other programme risks, in particular those related to the pandemic.
Eventually, we envisage the senior coordinator playing an important role in implementing some of our approaches to new issues and risks, such as the acquisition of assets through big local, partnerships that might be struggling to deliver following the pandemic and/or those that have set up new legal entities as part of their legacy plans.
Job description (key duties):
- Play a key role in managing Local Trust’s funding programmes (primarily Big Local) working with the people, partnerships and organisations we fund.
- Review and analyse a range of information including accounts, budgets, plans and reports to assess risk to the programme and take appropriate action to mitigate and manage this in consultation with senior staff.
- Develop contacts and maintain communication with grantees and other key stakeholders to provide appropriate high-quality support and guidance in line with the ethos and approach of Local Trust as a funder
- Carry out quality assurance and commission and review assessments of funding proposals.
- Monitor budgets and spend reporting of partnerships through grants.
- Support the effective and efficient delivery of the programme in line with Local Trust policies, procedures, core criteria and grant conditions.
- Implement effective responses to programme related issues identified through the course of the Big Local programme, working across teams. These include areas that are low spending, those acquiring and/or managing community assets (such as land or buildings) and Big Locals setting up their own legal entities.
- Maintain appropriate administration and reporting systems, processes and procedures to ensure the smooth running of Local Trust’s funding programmes, including use of bespoke grant management systems.
- Act as a team player, contribute to organisational work and initiatives
We expect you, as a member of the Local Trust staff team, to:
- demonstrate Local Trust’s vision and values in your daily work
- consistently contribute to organisation-wide learning drawing on experience gained in your role, and similarly seek to learn from the work of colleagues to inform your work
- actively look outward and engage with the widest range of external stakeholders to influence, inform and excite others about the work of Local Trust and Big Local
- take a proactive role in promoting equality and anti-discriminatory practice
- help Local Trust deliver its environment and sustainable development policy and environmental management system
- be aware that you have a duty of care for the health and safety of yourself and others.
While these are your main areas of responsibility, no role profile can cover every eventuality. As this is a post in a small staff team, you are expected to offer flexibility as we may reasonably require you to support other tasks from time to time.