Programmes and Partnerships Assistant
We’re looking to recruit a passionate programmes and partnerships assistant to join The Co-op Foundation, which is the Co-op’s charity. We help young people across the UK make a positive contribution to society, and support disadvantaged communities to overcome social, economic and environmental challenges. If you can bring us energy, drive and a genuine passion for our Co-op values and purpose, we can offer you the chance to develop your skills and build a career with a business that puts people and communities at the heart of its strategy.
As a programmes and partnerships assistant you’ll support help to make sure the Co-op Foundation’s strategy is translated into high-quality programmes on the ground. We’ll look to you to build solid internal and external relationships whilst providing support to colleagues across the team.
What you’ll do
• support colleagues with a variety of projects
• take responsibility for essential day to day processes
• build relationships and work collaboratively with a variety of people across the business
• look for ways to improve processes and ways of working to make them more efficient and effective
• use your initiative to drive tasks and manage your own work load
This role would suit people who have
• excellent time management and organisation skills
• the ability to build relationships and engage with a variety of people internally and externally
• good communication skills both written and verbal
• experience using Microsoft Office including Word, Powerpoint, Excel etc
• a real passion and drive to work for a charity or similar
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Jill Wells, Programmes and Partnership Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org