Policy Intern (6-month contract)
1. Undertake small scale research projects and draft research reports.
2. Research and draft papers with support and guidance.
3. Research and draft briefings for staff, trustees and external supporters such as members of the APPG for ‘left behind’ neighbourhoods.
4. Undertake data analysis (using Local Insights, 360 Giving and other sources).
5. Draft blogs and other web content for a variety of audiences.
6. Assist in the organisation of conferences, round tables and other events.
7. Take responsibility for responding to general enquiries about our policy work.
8. Liaise with research suppliers and support contract delivery.
9. Undertake specific administrative tasks in support of the policy programme (for example, managing our contact database).
10. Work collaboratively with colleagues taking on other tasks as necessary.
As a member of the Local Trust staff team you will need to:
• demonstrate Local Trust’s vision and values in your daily work
• consistently contribute to organisation-wide learning drawing on experience gained in your role, and similarly seek to learn from the work of colleagues to inform your work
• actively look outward and engage with the widest range of external stakeholders to influence, inform and excite others about the work of Local Trust and Big Local
• take a proactive role in promoting equality and anti-discriminatory practice
• help Local Trust deliver its environment and sustainable development policy and environmental management system
• be aware that you have a duty of care for the health and safety of yourself and others.
While these are your main areas of responsibility, no role profile can cover every eventuality. As this is a post in a small staff team, you are expected to offer flexibility as we may reasonably require you to support other tasks from time to time.
Please find the full recruitment pack attached below and on the Local Trust website: https://localtrust.org.uk/about/jobs/policy-intern-6-month-contract/
To apply, you should submit:
• An up-to-date CV which shows your full career history. We recommend that this is no longer than two pages.
• A supporting statement, with your name at the top of each page, explaining why you are interested in this role, detailing how you are a good candidate for this post and how you fulfil the person specification. Each section of the person spec should be addressed under clear headings. We recommend that this is no longer than three pages.
Please note that applications can only be considered if both a CV and supporting statement is submitted. Please send your application by email to: email@example.com
All applications must be received by 5pm on Friday 16th October.
Suitable candidates will be invited for interview by Wednesday 28th October. Interviews will be held on Wednesday 4th November and Thursday 5th November.
You will receive an acknowledgement within 24 hours of receipt, and we suggest that if after that time you have not heard from us, you telephone Local Trust on 020 3588 0576 to ensure that it has arrived. Using a secure email address and putting Policy Intern in the subject line reduces the chances of your email going into spam.