We are Support Network. We have been helping members of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) with financial, emotional and practical matters since 1913.
Support is provided to members wherever they are in the world and at whatever stage of their careers. We also help their family too.
As we expand our work into new areas, we have created the role of Operations Manager to lead and develop our core services and enhance the support provided to both users and volunteers.
- Salary of c£43,000
- Generous 10% pension contribution
- Access to BUPA private medical insurance and Medicare scheme
- Access to life assurance worth three times your annual salary
- Flexibility to work from home as agreed
- Annual Learning at Work activities
- Free membership of the IMechE
- Annual leave of 26 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
This role is an exciting opportunity for a leadership figure with a background in volunteer and casework management to progress and develop with an expanding charity.
We’re an all-encompassing organisation, working both internationally and in the round with IMechE members as we also help their families, children and dependants. As we only raise funds from within the IMechE membership (and not the wider public) we can focus all of our efforts on those associated with the Institution, which makes our work very rewarding.
What’s more, this is not only a new role to make your own, but one which could grow and develop into a Deputy CEO position, largely depending on the expansion that you lead and enable.
So, if you are ready to provide assistance and support in a wide range of social circumstances, within a global context, join a charity steeped in history and looking forward to an ambitious future and to drive your career and our organisation to the next level, come and join us at Support Network.
As the Operations Manager, you will be tasked with being responsible for the smooth running of our core charity services, and enabling other senior team members to efficiently deliver client centred support.
There are several key elements of this role that you will focus upon and drive change within, including team management, volunteer management, service expansion and support, international and complex case handling.
You will be the point of contact for the team at Support Network, operate as a decision maker and play a key leadership role in their day-to-day management.
When acting in the CEO’s stead, you will also liaise with Trustees and represent the organisation externally.
Your role will also involve:
- Ensuring members and their families can be successfully supported
- Co-ordinating casework and supervising impact measurement collection
- Facilitating post-support follow-up practices through acting as a point of contact for families
- Embedding the personal approach Support Network takes to each and every case we handle
- Implementing new services as appropriate
- Participating in raising the profile of our charity
- Working within charity governance requirements as a deputising CEO
To be considered as the Operations Manager, you will need:
- Experience of managing, motivating and supporting a staff team to meet outcomes to time and quality standards
- Experience in volunteer and/or stakeholder relationship management with the ability to manage a variety of complex stakeholder demands, and prioritising and meeting their needs
- A track record of managing casework, ideally in an advice/and or health and social care setting, with proven experience of assessing individual needs and exercising independent judgement to make decisions and identify solutions to complex cases
- Experience of observing and working within principles of client confidentiality and data protection requirements
- Evidence of the ability to apply rational judgement to make robust and appropriate decisions within current policies and procedures, with the experience to articulate and justify complex decision-making to influence and persuade others
- An understanding of the needs of Trustees and charity Boards
Previous grant-making and/or volunteer management experience would be beneficial to your application.
Other organisations may call this role Charity Operations Manager, Casework Operations Manager, Ops Manager, Support Operations Manager, Volunteer Operations Manager, or Charitable Operations Manager.
Interviews will be held towards the end of June or otherwise on an ad-hoc basis as suitable applicants apply.
Thank you for your interest in this post. We look forward to receiving your application.
Webrecruit and Support Network are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are looking for your next challenge and could thrive as Support Network’s Operations Manager, please apply here. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.