Head of Community Programs
To develop and manage the community-based programs and form a key part of the Charity’s management team.
To lead and develop:
· A portfolio of grants, partnerships and grant programmes - ensuring that all operate effectively, deliver value for money and have demonstrable impact.
· The Charity’s evaluation framework and measurement of impact
· A local Giving framework and to lever additional funds for local community programs
· An evidence-based approach to understanding, highlighting and responding to local needs
· The Charity’s communications to foster increased awareness of local inequality and the impact of the charity
Management and Leadership
· To manage and develop the Community team to deliver the aims of the Charity
· To work closely with the Chief Executive and Chair of the Grants Committee and be the advisor and lead for that Committee’s work.
· To provide supportive management and empower staff in the Community team
· To support the design and delivery of individual objectives and development plans to build capability, ensuring staff are adequately empowered, trained and supported.
· Work in partnership with the CEO and other managers to ensure a culture of continuous improvement to systems and processes.
· To work in collaboration with the Finance team to develop and explore initiatives to increase the Charity’s grant making and opportunities for levering additional resources.
· To promote the Grants Program, identifying areas where funding will make a real difference.
· To oversee the design and delivery of grant making programmes to deliver the Charity’s aims with a focus on making a lasting difference
· To develop the measurements of the Charity’s effectiveness as a grant making charity and ensure best practice in charitable giving
· To work with the Grants Committee enabling and translating decisions into actions for delivery with agreed measures for defining success.
· To work in partnership with the Head of Support Services and the CEO to manage budgets, ensure an appropriate and sustainable charitable spend on a year-on-year basis, and analysis of management information to support decision making.
- To attend and service the Grants Committee meeting and identify potential cross community strategic alignment
- To establish and improve systems that track and communicate the Charity’s grant making effectiveness and impact.
Research, Communication and Evaluation
To take a lead role in the research and awareness raising of local inequalities
· To identify and act on opportunities to add value to the Charity’s grants budget through co-operation with other grant makers, businesses, charitable individuals and other key stakeholders
· To oversee the further development and implementation of a cross charity evaluation framework to assess the impact of both the Charity’s direct programs and partnerships
· To further develop annual Elmbridge key indicators to highlight changes to local inequalities
· To contribute to the Charity’s strategy and longer-term planning
· Ensure that the Charity operates an effective system of grant management with monitoring requirements fulfilled and good practice in place
· To develop strong relationships across the Charity, building and maintaining the confidence of the trustees and external stakeholders. Act proactively to ensure new ideas grounded in sound thinking can flourish
· To represent the Charity personally or by delegation with statutory and voluntary bodies, and with any other relevant organisations.
· To identify and develop new relationships that reflect emerging opportunities for the Charity. Building a network with other funders to further increase opportunities to develop additional support for community services.
Key Working Relationships
· Charity staff and trustees
· Local charity partners and community groups
· Local councillors and elected members and staff from local councils, local housing authorities and health bodies
· Local faith organisations and community leaders
· Local corporates and potential partners