Grants Programme Manager
The Company is looking to recruit Grants Programme Manager to support the development of the Younger People & Education grant programmes, which are aligned to the Company’s philanthropic strategic aims. Key responsibilities include:
- Assess proposals for funding, including; visiting applicants, analysing the quality and potential impact of proposals and completion of due diligence in accordance with the Mercers’ Company’s guidelines and quality frameworks.
- Prepare and write reports on grants proposals to Committees with detailed analysis and recommendations to support effective and informed decision making.
- Manage and monitor allocated grants programme and contribute to effective evaluation at programme level to support continuous learning and sharing with others internally and externally as appropriate.
- Under the direction and approval of the Head of Young People and Education organise events and represent the Company at relevant funder or issue based events and networks. Building a network, communicating and championing the philanthropy work of the Company.
- Contribute to the team development of systems and processes to manage flow of information, data, reporting and financial analysis.
Monitor the allocated budget and work with the Head of Young People and Education and finance team to support financial reporting and analysis to enable effective decision making.
- Under the direction of the Head of Young People and Education guide the provision of non-monetary support to grantees and/or applicants, convene round table discussions and learning events as appropriate.
· Experience of developing effective relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
o Able to form effective relationships with members, grantee organisations, schools, charities and relevant networks.
o Able to work well with a variety of people, specifically within a membership organisation with a strong culture and values, based on family and friendship networks.
· The ability to analyse and synthesise complex information in a logical manner, with good analytical skills.
· Numerate with an understanding of charity finances and accounts; and confident in assessing organisational budgets and policies.
· Able to deliver high quality work with excellent writing skills and a real attention to detail.
· The ability to complete grant assessments and analyse the types of awards made over time.
· An interest in the key issues in education and the challenges facing young people from more disadvantaged backgrounds in London.
· Experience of managing projects and delivering to deadlines.
· A systematic approach to work and able to present an assessment in a coherent and impartial manner.
· Ability and willingness to represent the Mercers’ Company in external networks.
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
· The ability to work flexibly and as part of a high performing team.
Please send your CV and covering letter outlining why you are suitable by 02nd May 2019 to email@example.com.