Who are The London Marathon Charitable Trust?
The London Marathon Charitable Trust is an independent grant making charity. We provide grants for facilities and opportunities that remove barriers to participation in physical activity and that inspire and enable more people to be more active, more often. Founded alongside the London Marathon in 1981, the majority of our income comes from the profits generated by our trading company, London Marathon Events Limited, which organises some of the biggest and best mass-participation sports events in the UK, including the Virgin Money London Marathon and Prudential RideLondon. The Trust’s income is growing and we will be distributing more than £10m per year. The total value of grants awarded by The Trust since its founding in 1981 is now over £68 million to more than 1,220 projects. Information about The Trust may be found on our website: www.lmct.org.uk
- To identify and support high calibre applications and to ensure that funded projects maximise their ability to deliver our objectives
- To assess applications on their feasibility, likely impact and sustainability and to make recommendations to the Trustees
- To oversee the implementation of projects
- To monitor and evaluate the impact of The Trust’s funding
- To develop and maintain relationships with key local partners at all levels
To find out more about the role and to apply click here.
We anticipate that interviews will be held during the weeks of 19 March and 26 March.