The Road Safety Trust is a registered charity (number: 1156300) and a company limited by guarantee. It is looking to recruit a Grants Officer to support the grant-making programme of the Trust. The post is part-time and home based with the occasional need to travel to London or elsewhere for meetings for which expenses will be paid.
The Grants Officer will support the Grants Director and the Trust’s senior management to ensure the effective and efficient administration of the grants programme. The post holder will have overall responsibility for the casework arising from a selection of successful projects. The Grants Officer will:
- Assist the Grants Director in the assessment, management and monitoring of grants
- Establish and maintain effective information and record-keeping system including updating the GIFTS database and generating reports
- Provide appropriate administrative and policy support to the Grants Director
- Co-ordinate meetings and events as required
- Assist in the maintenance of the Trust’s website and communications
- Research organisations and institutions of interest to the Trust
- Contribute to the efficient running of the Trust.
The post is being offered on the basis of an average of 13 days per month with flexibility on time allocation. Given the nature of the grant application timetable, there are likely to be peaks and troughs in the workload and the post holder will need to be flexible in timing. The demands of the post will be reviewed after six months and periodically thereafter.
To apply please send your cv and a covering letter (not more than two sides of A4) explaining your suitability for the post to Robert Gifford: firstname.lastname@example.org.