The Eveson Charitable Trust is looking for an experienced Grants Officer to join its small team based in Worcester. You'll be responsible for reviewing applications and helping to prepare application summaries for the Trustees so the ability to read and interpret charity accounts and budgets is key, as is a good understanding of charity governance. Good communication skills are important too, as you'll be contacting charities to discuss their applications and resolve any issues. Experience of Salesforce would be an advantage, but training will be provided. You'll also be involved in the grants payments process.
Another element of your job will be contacting grant holders to obtain photos and grant stories for our website so experience of WordPress would be useful, but training will be provided.
The successful applicant must be happy working in a small team and able to cope with change.
- Experience of charities and grant-making, either through working for a grant-making organisation or as a fundraiser applying for grants.
- High standard of literacy and numeracy.
- Good communications skills. Confident in business communications.
- Strong IT skills, confident in the use of MS Office and databases; use of spreadsheets, email and Zoom/Teams. Experience of Salesforce and WordPress would be an advantage.
- Good working knowledge of the governance and financial management of charities; able to read and interpret charity governing documents, charity accounts and other financial reports.
- Accurate with a high attention to detail.
- Good organisation skills.
- Able to deliver work to a deadline.
- A bright and positive attitude
- Willing to do basic practical jobs to support the effective functioning of the office.
- Able to work independently and with integrity.
Please email your CV and a covering letter stating why you are suitable for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for the applications: Wednesday 28th April 2021
Initial interviews with shortlisted candidates: w/c Tuesday 4th May 2021