This key position will focus on assisting with the dispersal of the Goldsmiths’ Company Charity’s main grants fund. The Grants Officer will act as the main point of contact for charities applying under the small grants programme and manage the administrative process from beginning to end.
Reporting to and working closely with the Head of Charitable Partnerships & Strategy, the Grants Officer will also feed into the large grants programme, undertake research into key issues in the sector, liaise with Committee and Company members, the Events team and provide social media content and input.
- To act as the main point of contact for small grant applicants and as a gatekeeper to the Head of Charitable Partnerships in the case of large grant proposals.
- Use the Salesforce CRM database to manage the grants process from beginning to end, advising charities on their applications where necessary.
- Ensure the Salesforce CRM is kept updated with grant agreements, multi-year grant reports and payment data to ensure accurate financial reporting and forecasting.
- Present appeals to both the small and large grant Committees in a concise and clear manner.
- Prepare papers in advance of committee meetings, appraising appeals and analysing charities’ accounting and financial information.
- To undertake post-meeting administration including arranging payment of grants.
- Research key issue areas in the sector, attending training and meetings where possible.
- Provide direct support to the Chair of the Charity Committee, particularly related to advice on the Small Grants Programme.
- Input into the continual development of the Charity Strategy and the update of guidelines and criteria.
- Conduct visits to charity partners, sometimes with Charity Committee or Goldsmiths’ Company members.
- Attend sector events and networking opportunities.
- Contribute to the Company’s social media and traditional media outlets, providing the Communications Department with regular content.
- Support the smooth running of the annual Charity & Education Reception, collaborating closely with the Events and Communications teams.
- Work closely with the Head of Charitable Partnerships and Strategy and to deputise when required in her absence.
- To carry out such other appropriate duties as may reasonably be required to further the efficient running of the Goldsmiths’ Company’s Charity.
SKILLS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- A strong understanding of the UK civil society context, particularly in relation to our main priority programme areas and wider social justice issues.
- Experience of using the Salesforce CRM, or similar databases, together with database management.
- Previous experience in grants administration would be beneficial, equally as a frontline worker or fundraiser.
- Committed to diversity, equality and inclusion.
- Analytical and research skills.
- Ability to use initiative and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt easily to different audiences.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, particularly to write succinctly for a range of audiences.
If you would like to know more about this role, see the job description or download the details from https://www.thegoldsmiths.co.uk/company/today/vacancies/
Then, if you believe that you have the required skill set and experience to fulfil this important role at the Goldsmiths’ Company, email us at email@example.com with your salary expectations, CV and a covering letter telling us why.