Grants Manager x 2
Cloudesley is an independent charitable trust, working in Islington to support people, voluntary organisations and churches. We are a local, relational funder and aim to add value to our funding by sharing information, facilitating networking, learning from our grants and working with other organisations. For 2021/22, we have a grants budget of £1.6 million, including additional funding to help respond to the impacts of Covid-19.
About the roles
These are interesting and varied positions which involve forging strong relationships with many different partners, helping develop new initiatives and supporting a wide-ranging portfolio of funded organisations. Our Grants Managers will oversee our funding activity and other support which is delivered through two main programmes:
- Health Grants – grants for Islington residents with health problems and/or who are disabled and struggling financially, as well support as for local organisations
- Church Grants - supporting Islington's Church of England churches to help them maintain their church buildings and the services within them
The Grants Managers will support the work of the charity by:
- Developing and implementing our grant-making programmes, procedures and policies
- Continuing to develop good relationships and work collaboratively with local voluntary organisations, churches and other agencies
- Researching the needs of Islington residents, local voluntary organisations and eligible churches and developing appropriate programmes in response
- Producing written grants, policy and other reports
- Deputising for the Director as required
We are advertising these as full-time roles but will also consider applications to work four days per week.
The charity operates a pension scheme into which it makes a contribution equivalent to 8% of the employee’s salary.
For further details about the Grants Manager roles, the charity and how to apply, please see the attached recruitment pack.
Closing date: Tuesday 4 May 2021, 10am
We will acknowledge receipt of your application and let you know if you have been shortlisted for interview by Wednesday 12 May.
Interviews: Monday 17 and Friday 21 May.