Grants Manager - 12 month fixed-term contract
Rosa, the UK fund for women and girls is a small national charity giving grants to women and girls’ organisations across the UK. We contribute to improving the lives of women and girls by drawing in and distributing funding and resources to the women and girls’ sector.
At Rosa we pride ourselves on our thoughtful and responsive grant making. We involve women in every stage of our grant making, we listen carefully to the needs of organisations and we respond to those needs through collaborative and supportive grants programmes. By building relationships with our grantees and by connecting them to each other, we help to strengthen the women’s and girls' sector. We fund organisations which support and amplify the voices of the UK’s most disadvantaged women and girls.
We are looking for a Grants Manager committed to gender equality, diversity and anti-racism, with the skills and experience to manage our expanding portfolio of grants including assessment, monitoring, reporting and evaluation. You will join our small but mighty team and be involved in every stage of our grant making. You will have the opportunity to shape how we do things, to support and learn from our grantees and to play a role in driving change for women in the UK.
We particularly welcome applications from Black and minoritised applicants.
If you think you could be our next Grants Manager, we would love to hear from you.
Working with the Head of Grants to manage all aspects of the grant cycle, including telephone and online support for potential applicants, initial screening of applications, conducting due diligence, overseeing assessments, submitting shortlisted applications to the grants panel, supporting panels meetings, communicating decisions to applicants, arranging grant payments, tracking reports and outcomes.
- Assist applicants in completing and submitting their applications
- Assess funding applications in line with agreed criteria, and raise appropriate queries and questions of clarification with applicants
- Manage external assessors, including training and quality checking
- Monitor and respond to grant applications
- Liaise with software supplier (GIFTS) in problem solving on behalf of applicants, panel members or office processes
- Manage and monitor payments in liaison with the Finance and Administration officer
- Monitor outcomes and reporting
- Maintain Rosa's grants database (GIFTS). Ensure records are accurate and up-to-date so we know the status of applications and awarded grants at any time and the reporting and payments schedule
- Develop and deliver training and support for grant recipients.
- Work with wider team to raise the profile of grants programmes and their impact with multiple audiences, including developing case studies on specific grant funded projects
- Facilitate networking between grant recipients operating in complementary areas
- Work with the Communications Manager to identify issues emerging from grants in order to capture supporting data and communicate lessons learned to a wide audience.
- Take a lead role in introducing, updating and maintaining the grant management systems
- Working with the Head of Grants and Finance and Administrative Officer, to coordinate grant decision making meetings including the recruitment of panel members, dissemination of applications and other relevant information to panel members, other support to panel members in relation to the decision-making process and recording and sharing of decisions and appropriate grant payment information
- Minute taking at decision-making meetings and programme management meetings where necessary.
- Maintain accurate grants records throughout the lifetime of awards and generate reports as required, including regular reports of payments due
- Compile timely reports to donors on the relevant funded projects
- Maintain an overview of the grants and monitoring activity so that an accurate status report of all applications is available at any time
- Analyse grant-making activity and produce regular reports for communications, campaigns, planning and fundraising purposes.
- Carrying out all aspects of this job description in accordance with Rosa’s Staff Handbook and policies, including the Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy
- Carrying out other duties or projects delegated by the Executive Director and Head of Grants that are in line with the responsibilities of the post
- Managing a cohort of grantees.
If you’re interested in this role and would like an informal conversation with our Head of Grants before applying, please email email@example.com to be put in touch.
To apply, please send your CV and 1 page covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Sunday 7th March 2021.
Interviews are likely to take place in the week commencing March 22nd.