Grants & Community Officer
Founded in 1868, The All England Lawn Tennis Club (AELTC) is a private members' club which organises and stages The Championships, Wimbledon. The AELTC has delivered substantial top line growth in recent years and expects that growth to continue in conjunction with an ambitious investment programme in the years ahead.
The Wimbledon Foundation is the charity of the AELTC and The Championships. The aim of the Foundation is to help change people's lives using the resources and heritage of Wimbledon. Founded in 2013, it builds on the success of a significant programme of community and charitable activities over a number of years. Our goals are to: strengthen our local community by helping people in the boroughs of Merton and Wandsworth; support healthy and active lives by enabling good mental and physical health for people of all ages; develop young people by creating opportunities to learn skills for life and help those in need by supporting charities through The Championships and the All England Club. The Wimbledon Foundation continues to grow and in 2019 donated more than £1.2 million.
Local grant funds support charities working in Merton and Wandsworth and include Health & Wellbeing- addressing health inequalities, Get Set, Get Active- supporting community sport; and the wide-ranging Community Fund. The Wimbledon Foundation also funds the Wimbledon Junior Tennis Initiative (WJTI), Learning programmes in conjunction with the Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Museum, and has funding partnerships with WaterAid & Magic Bus internationally.
You will be joining a small team including the Head of Foundation, Grants & Community Manager, a second Grants & Community Officer, a Communications & Events Officer and a Team Administrator.
Health & Wellbeing Fund (grants to projects that meet social needs by improving the health and wellbeing of residents in Merton and Wandsworth)
- work closely with the Grants & Community Manager in consultation with local stakeholders to manage and develop this programme;
- promote the programme, answer queries, support applicants with completion of application form and assess applications;
- implement and seek continuous improvement of monitoring & evaluation;
- provide reporting and engagement for Foundation Board members;
- manage 'in kind' support for grantees deliver a programme of hosted events at AELTC and local visits, as part of the Foundation's supportive funder approach.
Ticket resale (grants and donations from proceeds raised through Ticket Resale at The Championships)
- work closely with the Grants & Community Manager to manage and develop the overall structure of this programme;
- manage Ticket Resale grants and donations to charities including implementation of application process, monitoring, evaluation and relationship management as required.
Homelessness Fund (multi-year core funding grants to local charities to help them increase their capacity and sustainability while delivering invaluable services for homeless Londoners):
- support effective delivery of this fund by the London Community Foundation;
- collaborate on the external evaluation of this fund;
- manage 'in kind' support for grantees and support delivery of hosted events at AELTC and local visits, as part of the Foundation's supportive funder approach.
Work closely with the Grants & Community Manager to develop and manage new grant schemes/initiatives as required to support the growth of Foundation
Monitoring and evaluation
- Contribute to the ongoing development and effective use of the Foundation's recently implemented Grants Management System;
- Ensure smooth running of on line applications;
- Contribute to the continuing development of the Foundation's monitoring and evaluation frameworks and processes and ongoing review of grant making practices
- Ensure delivery of an annual programme of community visits to AELTC including liaising with colleagues and responding to external requests;
- Manage a programme of in kind support for charity grantees; including events and workshops
- Organise Foundation presence at key local events; this will require occasional evening and weekend working;
- Raise the profile of the Wimbledon Foundation as the charity of the All England Lawn Tennis Club with local charities, residents and other stakeholders;
- Act as an external representative of the Foundation including making presentations; project visits and stakeholder meetings;
- Together with other team members, develop a programme of activity at The Championships, deliver the Foundation's interactive presence and assist in hosting visitors.
- Support Foundation activities with AELTC Members and staff;
- Provide reports to Foundation Board meetings;
- Work closely with Grants & Community Manager to develop new Foundation programmes as required, aligned with the Wimbledon Foundation strategy; contribute to the development and strategy of the Foundation overall
- Deputise for the Grants & Community Manager as appropriate;
- Maintain knowledge about the external funding environment and trends in the voluntary sector;
- Work on any other AELTC community activities as necessary;
- Any other duties within the scope of the post as may be required by the Grants & Community Manager or Head of Foundation.
The role will require full DBS clearance the results of which must be satisfactory to the Company.
Working Hours - normal working hours are Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm. The role-holder must be prepared to work occasional evenings or weekend days to meet ad hoc requirements of the role. Please note, additional hours/ days may be required before and during The Championships.
If shortlisted, you must be available to attend an interview during the week commencing 2 December 2019.
Please visit https://my.corehr.com/pls/aeltcrecruit/apply?id=004945 to apply.