Reporting to: Grants Manager
Summary of role: Supporting the Trust’s day to day grant making activity, supporting all assessment and monitoring, including responding to applicant and grant holder queries and maintaining grant records.
- Assist the grant team with all aspects of grant making
- Undertake recording, classifying, analysing, and reporting all grant management transactions
- Undertake day to day administration of the grant related enquiries to the Trust – responding where appropriate, supporting applicants through the system, and passing complex queries to colleagues as necessary
- Ensure grant payment claims and monitoring report documents are complete and ready for the lead grant team member to review and grants are closed when all requirements are deemed to have been met
- Prepare data and liaise with the Finance and Operations team to ensure that grants are paid on time
- Support the grants team to prepare reports and assessments for the trustees
- Active management of the grants management system and the quality of data within it, ensuring accuracy of data and proactively increasing the usefulness of the Trust’s systems for managing electronic files relating to grant making
- Support the whole team including organising meetings and events, diaries, preparing papers and minuting
- Provide administrative support for office-wide projects as required
- Any other duties that could reasonably be expected
- At least two years in office-based administrative roles
- Experience of preparing and presenting basic written reports to colleagues and seniors
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Excellent general IT skills including MS Office and databases
- Ability to multitask, work in a dynamic environment, and to remain calm under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal direction and work well in a team.
- Ability to deal with sensitive and/or confidential information.
- Experience of working in a charity, or other not for profit or small organisation
- Evidence of interest in and commitment to the work of the Trust
- Experience of grant making
- Personal knowledge or experience of working with or being part of the Armed Services community
- Knowledge of grant management systems (particularly Blackbaud Grant Making – also known as ‘GIFTS’)
- Good knowledge of using Office 365
Applications should take the form of a letter (no more than two pages of A4) providing evidence of how you meet the person specification and CV – both attached to an email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org giving the contact details for two professional refereees, and how you know them. Please include ‘Grants Assistant Application’ in the subject line. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview.
The deadline for applications is 28 March 2019.