The role needs to be flexible as tasks will vary depending on the needs of the team. The list below outlines a range of ongoing work which will fall to the post-holder.
Administrative support to all aspect of the grant process
The experience of grant applicants and others involved in the grants process is important to how the Maudsley Charity is perceived. This role plays a key part in ensuring that we deliver a positive experience to users of our grants process and others engaged with our grant management system. This role will contribute by working closely with the Head of Grants to ensure that our systems and processes operate effectively:
· Responsible for all aspects of the administration of our grants processes, covering the whole cycle of grant-making:
- Setting up rounds in our grants system
- Managing applicant data – organisation records, bank information etc..
- Managing enquiries and supporting applicants through the process
- Management of peer review process
- Supporting panel processes through to decisions and recommendations to the Trustees
- Tracking active grants through their life cycle and providing monitoring reports from the system as required
- Ensuring grants are closed out when completed and all documentation received
- Manage archiving of data.
· Management of Grants Advisory Committee meetings: organise GAC meetings, take minutes, ensure GAC record of decisions uploaded to Smart Simple and support Head of Grants in reporting to the full board as required.
· Active management of data quality within grants system ensuring that data is accurate, up to date and that data retention policies are observed
· Maintain all system documentation – procedural documentation and user instructions, help videos and any other guidance notes developed for specific grant rounds
Expert user of our grant management system
The charity’s database is key to its grant making activities – the collation of qualitatively reliable data will underpin decision making and support the delivery of the charity’s strategy. This role will take a lead in this through active management of the grants system and the quality of data within it:
· Ensure accuracy of data maintained throughout the system – eg maintaining organisation details, critical to managing accurate data within system
· Monitoring compliance reports to ensure integrity of system and processes
· Monitor smart simple development process and make recommendations where relevant to Maudsley Charity
Non-grants administrative support
· Supporting the Business Support Manager in the organisation of team, Board and Committee meetings - sending diary invitations, confirming meetings, room and catering bookings, arranging travel, printing and postage of meeting papers as required
· Diary management for the Chief Executive
· Organisation and note taking for complex fundraising and programme meetings, chaired by the Chief Executive.
· Proof reading documents
· Uploading meeting packs onto MinutePad and taking minutes at meetings as required
Assisting the Communications Manager
· Updating the charity website with events and news, as and when required
· Distributing leaflets internally and externally
· Supporting the charity at internal and external events - for example registering interest in volunteering for fundraising events
· Assisting in updating and exporting from charity database for mailouts
If you are interested in the role please send your CV and covering letter explaining why you would be successful working for Maudsley Charity to Tom Harlow at email@example.com who acts as a HR Consultant on our behalf.