Purpose of Post
As part of a team of Funding Officers, to work collegiately to provide a core business support function within CBT, anchoring all activity in the organisation’s core values, to enable the successful delivery of its charitable funding strategy: tackling inequality in London and enabling every individual and community to thrive. Its main purpose is to:
• Provide CBT with administrative support.
• Assist with the production of committee and sub-committee papers, the administration of meeting decisions and with servicing internal meetings.
• Provide initial advice & information to potential and current recipients of charitable funding.
• Support the effective monitoring and evaluation of charitable funding agreements/social investments.
• Support the management of data, information and content in respect of relevant databases, shared files, the website and intranet; producing and running reports, uploading and amending information when required.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
1. Assisting with the processing of charitable funding applications and social investment proposals and support the management of existing funding/investment agreements: managing the online application and monitoring system and other databases; updating the databases as applications/proposals and monitoring reports are processed; providing support to Funding Managers (within agreed parameters); and carrying out other related tasks. Job Description
2. To lead on a specific area within the business support function, ensuring its effective and efficient delivery, providing support to other team members and identifying areas for development.
3. Assisting with the accurate and timely formulation and preparation of high-quality reports; Committee and Sub-Committee papers; and general correspondence related to charitable funding applications/social investment proposals and their respective agreements.
4. Dealing effectively with a wide range of detailed enquiries (including from Members of the City of London Corporation, senior Corporation staff and representatives of) on matters concerning CBT’s work and/or its specific funding processes and those it manages on behalf of others: including but not limited to the City Corporation’s Central Grants Programme & Wembley National Stadium Trust.
5. Supporting the effective monitoring and evaluation of the Trust’s active charitable funding/investment agreements and initiatives through handling queries, administering the reporting process, updating databases and running data reports.
6. Ensuring that the bespoke document-management systems are maintained accurately and on a timely basis.
7. Undertaking other general administrative tasks which may be required.
8. Able and willing to undertake training as and when required, including on the Trust’s database software: to be equipped to undertake all aspects of the CBT business support function to a high standard and to contribute ideas for its continuous improvement.
9. To have a working knowledge of and support the implementation of the Charitable Funding Strategy and other relevant strategies: including the City of London Corporate, Philanthropy, Social Investment and the Responsible Business strategies.
10. Actively seek to implement the City of London’s Occupational Health and Safety Policy in relation to the duties of the post, and at all times give due regard to the health and safety of both themselves and others when carrying out their duties.
11. Actively seek to implement the City of London’s Equal Opportunity Policy and the objective to promote equality of opportunity in relation to the duties of the post.
12. To undertake any other duties that may reasonably be requested appropriate to the post.
13. From time to time, to undertake grade-appropriate research projects in support of the Trust’s work.