Funding and Partnerships Manager
We’re looking for two motivated and curious individuals with a with a background in grant making to join the Co-op Foundation as funding and partnerships managers.
The Co-op Foundation is Co-op’s charity – set up to help communities work together to make things better. We aim to make a positive contribution to society, and support communities to overcome social, economic and environmental challenges. You can find out more about the Co-op Foundation here: https://www.coopfoundation.org.uk/
In this role, you’ll form part of a team that designs and delivers a wide range of youth, environmental, digital and social enterprise funding programmes across the UK. You’ll have the opportunity to lead on a diverse portfolio and build partnerships with a range of organisations. If you can bring energy, drive and a real passion for our Co-op values, we can offer you an exciting opportunity to have a real impact on communities, through the delivery of a new Co-op Foundation’s strategy. You’ll be joining a team who are driven to create a fairer world.
2 permanent positions available, part-time hours can also be considered
What you’ll do:
- build relationships with funded partners
- manage partnerships and collaborations with a range of stakeholders and partners
- oversee programme budgets
- lead on the development and design of funding programmes
- focus on continuous improvement, learning from others and identifying ways to improve processes and ways of working
- attend and contribute to team meetings, presenting information and updates on your work areas
- facilitate workshops and participate in project teams
- assess funding proposals containing data in a range of formats and make recommendations (both verbal and written) to the board of trustees
- track payments and ensure that our partners are paid on time
- produce reports to manage your workload and to understand more about our funding
- be an advocate for the Co-op Foundation and the wider Co-op Group
This role would suit people who have:
- previous experience of working in a funding environment and managing portfolios of grants
- experience of the charity sector
- an understanding of the youth sector, social enterprise or community sector (although not essential)
- knowledge of the end-to-end funding lifecycle (from design and development through to delivery, evaluation and closure)
- effective communication skills – both written and verbal
- the ability to build and maintain meaningful relationships with key partners both internally and externally
- strong project management or organisational skills with the ability to work independently and prioritise your workload effectively
- a keen focus on continuous improvement; you’re proactive in your approach, seeking opportunities to develop your own and the team’s knowledge
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
- competitive salary
- coaching, training and support to help you develop
- pension with up to 10% employer contributions
- annual incentive scheme
- 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
- discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.
Please visit our website to apply.