Data Support Officer
Are you interested in the charity sector and how it’s funded? Do you have the technical and communication skills we need to help grantmakers unlock the power of their data?
We are looking for a Data Support Officer to help take our work forward into its crucial next phase. This is a new role in our high-performing, enthusiastic and friendly team, providing the practical guidance grantmaking organisations need to share their data openly. You’ll need a keen eye for detail, customer service experience and the ability to explain technical concepts to a wide range of audiences in an accessible way.
You will be the first point of contact, providing helpdesk support via telephone, email and face to face, contributing to the development of tools and guidance materials, maintaining a CRM system and helping to run workshops and peer-networks.
This is a full-time position based in our central London office. Some UK travel may be required.
The salary is £29-33k, depending on experience.
- Support and engagement with new and current 360Giving data publishers: Act as first point of contact for the 360Giving Helpdesk, responding to enquiries about open grants data publishing. Contribute to the development and maintenance of tools and platforms that support data quality.
- Outreach to prospective data publishers: Assist with outreach to grantmaking organisations in line with 360Giving’s strategic goals. Attend meetings with prospective and current publishing organisations and represent 360Giving at external events.
- Organise workshops and meet-ups: Ensure the smooth running of workshops and networking events. Provide administrative support for the Standard Stewardship Committee and related practitioner working groups.
- Support with fundraising and operations: Contribute to day to day operations of 360Giving and assist with preparing funding proposals and reports. Collect monitoring data and contribute to 360Giving’s regular performance reporting for the board and funders.
- Experience of responding to customer queries and/or providing helpdesk support via telephone, email and face to face.
- Experience of using Excel to manipulate and transform data.
- Proactive and focused on getting things done, with experience of managing competing priorities and balancing reactive support work with longer term projects.
- Experience of using a CRM system to manage contacts and maintain customer records.
- Able to explain technical concepts in an accessible way with experience of maintaining and preparing user guidance.
- Patient and with good attention to detail, motivated to learning new skills and share knowledge with others.
- Interest in the UK charitable giving sector and how data sharing can make it more impactful.
Please send your CV and a covering letter of no more than two pages by midnight, Sunday 4th August to email@example.com.
The covering letter should outline: Why you want to work at 360Giving and why you are suitable for the role, addressing the requirements listed in the job description, in particular your experience of providing customer service and using Excel to manipulate data.
Any enquiries about this position can be sent to the same email address. No phone calls please.
Download the full job description.
We particularly encourage applications from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are underrepresented in the philanthropy and technology sectors that we are working in. Eligible candidates must have the right to live and work in the UK.