Main Duties & Responsibilities
The day-to-day duties and priorities may change as the Trust’s relationship with data grows and systems for analysis are established.
1. Analyse and provide insights on the Trust’s data (including grants application and monitoring data) on a regular basis and in response to requests using appropriate analytical techniques and statistical methods.
2. Identify, assess and combine relevant external datasets from public, charitable and private sectors to understand the impact on City Bridge Trust’s programme of work (e.g. London’s poverty profile, NCVO Almanac, Indices of Deprivation).
3. Devise appropriate and creative methods to present findings to different audiences in an accessible way e.g. infographics, reports, dashboards, visualisation tools (e.g. PowerBI).
4. Lead on the development and management of data analysis projects as directed by the Head of Impact & Learning, in order to provide timely and relevant insights, messages and recommendations that support colleagues and Members to make effective decisions.
5. Be an active member of the Impact and Learning team and support the implementation of the Impact and Learning strategy.
6. Implement improvements to the Trust’s data collection and analysis systems using our grants management software Blackbaud Grantmaking and advise on suitable analytical tools.
7. Support the Head of Impact and Learning to conduct data projects as required such as a data maturity assessment, using findings to improve the Trust’s use of data and shape implementation of the Impact and Learning strategy.
8. To lead and oversee use of our grants management software Blackbaud Grantmaking as an end user, in order to ensure it meets organisational needs, including design (e.g. field set up), data quality control, customisation, and implementing new functionality, working closely with the Business Support Manager (responsible for supplier relationships), a team of Funding Officers (responsible for data entry) and Charity Finance Team.
9. Be an expert user of the Trust’s grants management software Blackbaud Grantmaking and support others to effectively use it to retrieve data.
10. Provide expert advice on data quality control working closely with the Business Manager and Funding Officer team and supporting the Head of Impact and Learning to set standards for data used in communications and decision making.
11. Assist with the design and delivery of monitoring and evaluation systems which support organisational needs and objectives including the creation of online application forms and monitoring forms.
12. Support the Head of Impact and Learning to develop the Trust’s data as a useful asset to external as well as internal audiences, for example, working with 360 Giving.
13. Build relationships internally (including with other teams in the City of London Corporation) and externally with other data experts to share learning and good practice.
14. Coach colleagues to build their capacity to use data in day-to-day and strategic learning and decision-making.
15. Support the Head of Impact and Learning to demonstrate the value of data at all levels of the Trust and more widely.
16. Anchor all activity in City Bridge Trust’s core values (we aim to be: inclusive, representative, environmentally responsible, collaborative, adaptive and progressive).
17. Actively seek to implement the City of London Corporation’s Equal Opportunity Policy and the objective to promote equality of opportunity in relation to the duties of the post.
18. Actively seek to implement the City of London Corporation’s Occupational Health and Safety Policy in relation to the duties of the post, and at all times give due regard to the health and safety of both themselves and others when carrying out their duties.
19. Undertake any other duties that may reasonably be requested appropriate to the role.
20. Take personal responsibility to ensure all work is compliant with relevant statutory requirements, including but not limited to GDPR.
To apply online please visit https://jobs.cityoflondon.gov.uk/