Compliance and Investment Administrator
This will be a varied and dynamic role working across Big Society Capital and with social investors that we have invested in. Key areas will include:
Compliance support (approximately 60%)
- Manage the Know Your Customer (KYC) process for all new and portfolio investments in line with Big Society Capital’s regulatory requirements and Anti Money Laundering guidelines
- Lead the collation, validation and compliance risk assessment for all investments which will involve proactively liaising with social investors, managing potentially sensitive client information, and using external sources such as Companies House and World Check
- Monitor and maintain KYC analysis and documentation for Big Society Capital’s portfolio investments including Politically Exposed Persons (PEP) screening, conducting refreshes periodically
- Support continuous improvement of the KYC process and awareness raising in the organisation.
Investment process support
- Monitor and respond to inbound investment enquiries by referring on to team members or signposting to external resources where the enquiry doesn’t meet our eligibility criteria
- Support the Investment Committee Secretariat to arrange meetings, prepare pipeline reports and agendas, collate and distribute papers, and take minutes
- Maintain our investment records throughout the investment lifecycle, including filing legal documents, ensuring our
- Customer Relationship Management system is up to date (Salesforce) and soft and hard copy documents are effectively filed
- Proactively support the continuous improvement of the investment administrative process and knowledge management using existing systems.
- Twice a year we organise a three-day training for new joiners to Big Society Capital and for the broader social investment sector. The role holder will:
- Coordinate the bi-annual induction programme including agenda setting, sourcing speakers in collaboration with colleagues, communicating with attendees, collating materials and managing the event logistics
- Collate and analyse feedback after the training, sharing it with the wider team to help improve future sessions.
- Provide general administrative support as required across the Investment Group, working closely with the existing Investment Group Administrator and other administrative roles across the organisation.
- We are a lean and nimble organisation, and the appointed Compliance and Investment Administrator is encouraged to build a role for themselves and shape our team and approach.
For further information on the role and to apply, please visit the link through BeApplied – https://app.beapplied.com/apply/6dtcr0j6ah
Deadline – Midday on Sunday 1st December 2019
Interviews – If your application is successful, you will be invited to a first-stage interview with Big Society Capital in early December. Second-stage interviews will be held in mid-December.