We are looking for an outstanding Communications Manager to join our dynamic and motivated team.
At Impact on Urban Health (part of Guy’s and St Thomas’ Charity) we have an ambitious mission to shift the dial on some of the biggest health issues of our time. To do this, we make use of every tool in our kit to drive impact. Strategic communications and stakeholder engagement play a big role in helping us do just that.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone enthusiastic with a great eye for good communications and who pride themselves on having standards well above average.
You will be responsible for delivering in-depth, insight driven communications about urban health to engage and influence local, national and international audiences.
- Lead the development, delivery and evaluation of a targeted communications and influencing plan for our air pollution programme that is audience led and uses a range of communications approaches and channels to amplify our work
- Plan and deliver engaging communications tactics that contribute to the impact of our work, focused on informing and influencing key audiences.
- Plan, write and edit content at pace for both own and external channels.
- Proactively seek and secure opportunities, including (but not limited to) speaking platforms, events and targeted media coverage to raise the national and international profile of Impact on Urban Health.
- Build and nurture key relationships within the organisation, and with external Partners.
- Working with colleagues, identify communications opportunities to demonstrate the impact of funded projects.
- Project manage communications projects from start to end, ensuring high quality and timely outputs.
- Provide other colleagues with sound advice and support to ensure outstanding communications outputs.
Skills, attributes and abilities
- Able to assimilate and translate complex ideas into engaging and persuasive communications.
- Has an audience-first mindset, with a passion for creating innovative and engaging communications that engage, inform and influence.
- Brings a strong news sense and ability to identify the stories that are worth telling from a varied and rich pool of opportunities.
- Able to react quickly to external opportunities.
- Thrives working with multiple projects and deadlines and juggling demands
- Brings energy and pace to the work, and a strong can-do attitude
- Able to assess performance of communications, draw valuable insights and apply learning.
- Enjoys working in places with a clear and ambitious mission and ways of working that challenge the norm.
- Brings energy and pace to the work, and a strong can-do attitude.
Knowledge and qualifications
- Project management – managing multiple deadlines and projects.
- Strong copy writing and editing.
- Experience in a busy communications environment
- B2B communications and stakeholder communications
- Delivering audience-focused campaigns
- Experience in a managerial role in communications
- Experience of communicating to influence
Please visit our website for the full job pack and application link: https://urbanhealth.org.uk/who-we-are/vacancies/communications-manager
*Please note that applications will close at 9am on Monday 29 March*