Communications and PR Officer
The Jack Petchey Foundation is a dynamic organisation established in 1999 by Sir Jack Petchey CBE to inspire and motivate young people and recognise them for their achievements. The Foundation has invested over £124 million in young people across London and Essex.
The Foundation has a strong commitment to ensuring that young people are at the centre of our work, that their voices are heard, their views communicated and their leadership supported. This is an exciting time to join the Foundation, as we deliver our three-year strategy which seeks to ensure that young people across London and Essex are recognised for their achievements and supported to be the best that they can be.
Our new Communications and PR Officer will aim to amplify all of the great things the Foundation does but also more importantly ensure PR and Communications is a vehicle to help deliver our mission of inspiring and motivating young people to become achievers and valuable members of society.
We want to be the voice of young people in London and Essex. We want to provide them with the tools, resources, contacts and services that empower them to do great things.
This is an exciting role for the right person who has the energy, creativity and ambition to develop and deliver fun, engaging and effective communications.
Delivering the mission of JPF using Sir Jack’s story and inspiring young people:
1. Raise aspirations by releasing “good news” stories about young people’s achievements to the press in a strategic manner. Interview, write and release stories via web/social media and press contacts. This will include weekly case studies for our website.
2. Review the process for engagement with Jack Petchey Foundation Achievement Award winners utilising our extensive database. Consider how we can improve sign up rates, highlight opportunities for achievers and develop a strategy for communicating with them.
3. Help to monitor news stories about young people and JPF and proactively respond to highlight our opportunities and work.
4. Take a lead role in writing and distributing press releases about our celebration events and support events through social media to highlight the achievements of young people.
5. Manage the day-to-day relationship with a media partner supporting our awards events.
6. Update media lists to ensure JPF can release timely and relevant stories and maintain a library system of press cuttings
7. Liaise with JPF staff and external partners to identify news stories of media interest and new content for the website.
Social Media and website
8. Review and develop our social media strategy, making recommendations to the Head of Communications and PR on how we can engage more with our target audiences including young people. Implement plans and develop social media channels as agreed.
9. Work with staff to produce more film content for the website and social media.
10. Add content to our website about our events and programmes and support these through social media.
11. Produce monthly reports on PR, website and social media following an agreed evaluation and reporting process.
12. Work with a film maker and take a lead role driving the production of a new presentation film about JPF.
13. Assist with JPF Newsletters and design/content of other publications when needed.
14. You will also work at all times within the policies, procedures and values of JPF in particular Child Protection, Health and Safety, Data Protection and Publicity Consent policies.
These are the normal duties which the charity requires from the position. However, it is necessary for all staff to be flexible and all employees will be required from time to time to perform other duties as may be required by JPF.
(No agencies please)
All the details and documents for this post can be found on the Jack Petchey Foundation website: www.jackpetcheyfoundation.org.uk/about-us/work-for-us/
Please complete and return an Application Form and Diversity Monitoring Form (CVs will not be accepted).
(No agencies please)