Communications and PR Officer
Delivering the mission of JPF using Sir Jack’s story and inspiring young people:
1. Raise aspirations by releasing “good news” stories about young people’s achievements to the press in a strategic manner. Interview, write and release stories via web/social media and press contacts. This will include weekly case studies for our website.
2. Review the process for engagement with Jack Petchey Foundation Achievement Award winners utilising our extensive database. Consider how we can improve sign up rates, highlight opportunities for achievers and develop a strategy for communicating with them.
3. Help to monitor news stories about young people and JPF and proactively respond to highlight our opportunities and work.
4. Take a lead role in writing and distributing press releases about our celebration events and support events through social media to highlight the achievements of young people.
5. Manage the day-to-day relationship with a media partner supporting our awards events.
6. Build/update media lists to ensure JPF can release timely and relevant stories and maintain a library system of press cuttings
7. Liaise with JPF staff and external partners to identify news stories of media interest and new content for the website.
Social Media and website:
8. Review and develop our social media strategy, making recommendations to the Head of Communications and PR on how we can engage more with our target audiences including young people. Implement plans and develop social media channels as agreed.
9. Work with staff to produce more film content for the website and social media.
10. Add content to our website about our events and programmes and support these through social media.
11. Produce monthly reports on PR, website and social media following an agreed evaluation and reporting process.
12. Work with the Head of Communications and PR on a refresh of JPF branding.
13. Work with a film maker and take a lead role driving the production of a new presentation film about JPF.
14. Assist with JPF Newsletters and design/content of other publications when needed.
15. You will also work at all times within the policies, procedures and values of JPF in particular Child Protection, Health and Safety, Data Protection and Publicity Consent policies.
These are the normal duties which the charity requires from the position. However, it is necessary for all staff to be flexible and all employees will be required from time to time to perform other duties as may be required by JPF.
Please apply for the role using our Application Form (CVs will not be accepted).
(No Agencies please).
Please apply using our our Application Form only (CVs will not be accepted).
For further details and an Application Form, please visit our website: https://www.jackpetcheyfoundation.org.uk/about-us/work-for-us/