Communications and PR Coordinator
Purpose of Job:
To increase the profile of the Jack Petchey Foundation, enhancing our PR and Communications functions including coverage of events, a regular release of “good news” stories and case studies on our website/ through local newspapers and to attract regional/national interest in a number of key stories during the year.
You will also increase the online profile of the Foundation through web content and social media, attracting more followers, and driving ideas for greater online engagement with young people and other stakeholders. An exciting task will be working on an overhaul of our website making it more appealing, functional and interactive with social media platforms.
1. Write and distribute press releases about our celebration events and support events through social media.
2. Review and develop our social media strategy, making recommendations to the Head of Communications and PR on how we can engage more with our target audiences including young people. You will then be implementing plans and developing new social media channels as agreed.
3. Working with the Head of Communications and PR take responsibility for implementing agreed changes to our website leading to a major refresh of the JPF website.
4. Review the process for engagement with Jack Petchey Foundation Achievement Award winners through social media. We have a huge database. You will see how we can improve sign up rates and develop a strategy for online communications with them.
5. Maintain a library system of press cuttings.
6. Build/ update media lists to ensure JPF can release timely and relevant stories.
7. Help to monitor stories on young people and JPF.
8. Liaise with JPF staff and external partners to identify news stories of media interest and new content for the website.
9. Release “good news” stories about young people’s achievements to the press in a strategic manner. Interview, write and release stories via web/social media and press contacts. This will include weekly case studies for our website.
10. Assist with JPF Newsletters and design/content of other publications when needed.
11. Add content to our website about our events and programmes and support these through social media.
12. Work with staff to produce more audio visual content for the website and social media.
13. Produce monthly reports on PR, website and social media following an agreed evaluation and reporting process.
14. Work at all times within the policies, procedures and values of JPF in particular Child Protection, Health and Safety, Data Protection and Publicity Consent policies.
These are the normal duties which the charity requires from the position. However, it is necessary for all staff to be flexible and all employees will be required from time to time to perform other duties as may be required by JPF.
Please visit the Jack Petchey Foundation website for more details and an application form.
Please apply via Application Form only (CVs will not be accepted).
The Application Form, Job Specification and Background to Post are available from the Jack Petchey Foundation website: