CEO (Chief Executive Officer)
We’re looking for an inspiring, collaborative and engaging leader to lead the Co-op Foundation, and make sure we’re doing the best we can for the people and communities we support.
The Co-op Foundation is Co-op’s charity – set up to help communities work together to make things better. We aim to make a positive contribution to society, and support disadvantaged communities to overcome social, economic and environmental challenges. You can find out more about the Co-op Foundation here: https://www.coopfoundation.org.uk/
In this unique role you’ll be appointed by Co-op as head of Foundation and seconded to the Foundation as CEO. We’ll look to you to provide strategic leadership for the Foundation, working closely with Trustees to build a clear long-term plan to deliver our charitable goals. If you can bring energy, drive and a real passion for our Co-op values, we can offer you the chance shape the future of the Foundation and make a difference for the people and communities it serves.
What you’ll do:
- lead the creation and delivery of the Foundation’s long-term business strategy and financial model in collaboration with the Board of Trustees
- lead the Foundation team to deliver strategic objectives, managing in-house functions including the programmes and partnerships, communications, and impact and learning teams
- provide guidance and support to Trustees, developing policies and control frameworks to make sure effective governance is implemented and maintained throughout the business
- help to build a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement within the team and across the business
- represent the Foundation and build positive relationships with senior Co-op leaders, external funders and strategic partners
- actively identify and encourage new opportunities for collaboration with internal and external partners
- strengthen the relationship between Co-op and the Foundation, inspiring people and putting Co-op values at the heart of everything you do
This role would suit people who have:
- a broad understanding of the third sector, and familiarity with the governance of charitable organisations
- experience of working closely with a Board of Trustees and with senior external partners to achieve social impact
- an understanding of grant making and investments, with the ability to analyse results and understand outputs
- strong leadership and communication skills, with the ability to lead change by inspiring, challenging and motivating colleagues
- the ability to build positive relationships both within the Co-op up to Board/Executive level, and externally with civil society leaders, trusts and foundations, and government representatives
As a Co-op colleague you’ll do work that matters in an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You’ll also get a package that includes:
- a competitive salary
- a car allowance or company car
- private health cover
- an annual incentive scheme
- 28 days holiday (rising to 31 with service)
- discounts on Co-op products and services
- a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we’re currently offering remote working wherever possible. For more information on how we’re supporting our colleagues visit https://jobs.coop.co.uk/guidance-for-covid-19
Please note as part of your application for this role you’ll need to complete an online assessment – this will take around 12 minutes
Please click here to apply