Environmental Grants Manager
We are looking for a Grants Manager to join our Environmental Programme, developing and managing grants that protect the natural diversity of the world, now and in the future. This is a permanent position, either full- or part-time.
Arcadia (www.arcadiafund.org.uk) is a charitable fund of Lisbet Rausing and Peter Baldwin that aims to preserve endangered cultural heritage, protect endangered ecosystems, and promote access to knowledge. It is managed by a small London-based team alongside its sister charity, Lund (www.lundtrust.org.uk). We are looking for a Grants Manager to join our Environmental Programme, developing and managing grants that protect the natural diversity of the world, now and in the future.
• Research and develop environmental funding opportunities and provide advice and recommendations to our Board.
• Manage a significant environmental grant portfolio and the evaluation of existing funding streams and grants.
• Develop and maintain relationships with other donors and with domain experts to stay abreast of the field and help inform decisions.
• Share what we learn from our research and portfolio through our website, social media and networks.
You must have:
• The ability to understand, interpret, and analyse data, and experience of managing or conducting research.
• Experience advising or making recommendations to decision-makers (eg, a board, senior management etc).
• The ability to write for and present to different audiences including non-specialists.
• Demonstrable knowledge of and interest in conservation and habitat restoration, preferably with experience of evidence-based evaluation.
• Fluency in English and preferably at least one other language, and experience of living/working outside the UK.
This is a permanent role, either full-time or part time. We offer an excellent benefits package including 25 days of annual leave, an employer contribution-only pension scheme, life assurance, private medical and dental cover and an employer-matched Give As You Earn programme. The role is based in our offices near Charing Cross Station in central London which we share with Lund Trust. We support flexible working: our current policy is for full time staff to be in the office a minimum of three days a week between 10am-3pm or 11am-4pm. Some international travel will be required.
You must have the right to work in the UK.
£58,700 p.a. for full time (35 hours a week)
How to apply
Please send us a CV (of no more than two A4 pages), and a covering statement of no more than 1,000 words that answers the following questions:
1) What are the biggest opportunities and challenges for habitat protection and restoration?
2) How will your experience help Arcadia respond to these challenges and opportunities?
Please send your application to [email protected] We will review applications on a rolling basis and contact you within ten working days if you are shortlisted for interview. Initial interviews will be by video call. Previous applicants for this role will not be reconsidered.
We are committed to equity. We encourage applications regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage or civil partnership. Please let us know if you need any additional support to take part in the selection process.