Grant-making and the law
This event will interest Trustees and staff of trusts and foundations who want to gain a basic knowledge of the law as it affects grant making.
This event will take place online. A Zoom link will be sent 48 hours before.
Time: 10.00am - 1.00pm
Farrer & Co.
This session will cover topics including:
- Is a grant a gift, trust or contract? The difference and the pitfalls.
- standards of care in grant making - what does the law require?
- standard terms that all funders should know.
At the end of the seminar you will:
- have a greater understanding of the different legal forms of grant-making available to you.
- understand the factors to consider when deciding which form to use.
- understand the legal duties of trustees regarding grant-making and how to comply with those duties in practice.
Non-members are welcome to attend this event if they meet the criteria for ACF membership.
If you would like to discuss access requirements, please contact ac[email protected]
Please note that this event might contain discussions of sensitive topics or information.