What it means to be a foundation trustee - an exploration of the role
- Rosie Chapman, independent consultant
- David Emerson CBE, former Chief Executive, ACF
This seminar has been designed to provide a tailored overview of trustee roles and responsibilities within the context of trusts and foundations, and it will include a discussion of current compliance and governance issues affecting them.
The seminar will:
- Explore the similarities and differences between the governance of trusts and foundations, and that of the wider charity sector
- Discuss trustee roles and responsibilities, with particular emphasis on what this means for trust and foundation trustees
- Consider the attributes of a successful foundation board
- Explore the regulatory framework for charities within which UK based foundations operate, including reference to OSCR (Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator) and CCNI (Charity Commission for Northern Ireland)
- Discuss current compliance and governance issues of relevance to foundation boards.
Trustees of trusts and foundations who are interested in finding out more about the role.
Rosie Chapman is a former Director of Policy at the Charity Commission, with in-depth knowledge of charity regulatory requirements and best practice expectations. She works with a range of trust and foundation trustee boards, is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries, and is a regular author on governance issues.
David Emerson, former CE of ACF for 14 years and brings his experience and understanding of the unique aspects of the governance of trusts and foundations.
email@example.com| 0207 255 4499
Cost to members: £62
Cost to non-members: £88