Welfare reform and the impact upon the individuals you fund
- Steve Johnson, Child Poverty Action Group
- Dominic Fox, Chief Executive, ACO
With welfare reform continuing to have an impact upon people’s lives, this half-day seminar provides an analysis and update on:
• the rules for under-occupation in the social rented sector (otherwise known as the Bedroom Tax) and its ongoing impact, and the changes to the Housing Benefit cap thresholds;
• the impact of the scheduled changes to Housing Benefit in relation to young people aged 18-21, and other changes in the pipeline for the social rented sector e.g. Local Housing Allowance;
• ongoing effect of the change from Disability Living Allowance to Personal Independence Payments on disabled claimants, and implications for the future;
• how the Department of Work and Pensions’ sanctioning and benefit delays have been impacting upon claimants;
• and the impact of Universal Credit roll-out – the main rules and structure, winners and losers.
Trusts and foundations that give grants to individuals who are likely to be affected by these changes and who wish to explore the impact upon their funding practice, including how they may need to change and adapt.
email@example.com | 0207 255 4499
Cost to members: £110
Cost to non-members: £155