Grant-making and the law
- Elizabeth Jones, Senior Associate, Farrer & Co
A charity law expert will give a broad overview of the law as it affects grantmaking, covering topics including:
• is a grant a gift, trust or contract? The differences and the pitfalls
• standards of care in grant-making – what does the law require?
• standard terms – are there terms no funder should leave home without?
The aim of the course is that you will:
• gain a greater understanding of the different legal forms of grant-making available to you
• have a grasp of the factors to consider when deciding which form to use
• understand the legal duties of trustees regarding grant-making
• and have an idea of how to comply with those duties in practice.
Trustees and staff of trusts and foundations who want to gain a basic knowledge of the law as it affects grant-making.
This event is now fully booked. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to a waiting list.
email@example.com | 0207 255 4499
Cost to members: £40
Cost to non-members: £60