The Blagrave Trustees would like to recruit two additional young trustees to the Board. The Blagrave Trust is a youth-focused funder supporting work that enables young people to make the transition to adulthood successfully. We fund charities in the South East of England, mainly in the counties of Berkshire, Hampshire, Wiltshire and Sussex, and some national initiatives.
Because we are focused on young people, it is both important and appropriate that our own decision making is informed by young people’s perspectives and this is equally valued alongside other relevant expertise.
For the right young adult (18 plus), this is a great opportunity to develop leadership skills and gain governance experience in a thriving charity making a big impact. We will make every effort to ensure you are able to fulfill the role to the best of your ability and that this is a learning and development opportunity for you.
We are looking for you if you have:
- The ability to listen to the different views and unique experiences of young people and reflect your perspectives to a Board of five others
- The confidence to communicate your views effectively to a wide range of people and a diverse group of fellow Trustees
- Some personal experience of the charity sector and/or the kinds of issues that young people from disadvantaged backgrounds require help with
- An understanding and/or interest in how children and young people can influence change
- A passion for social change
- An interest in learning how funders can support social change for young people at national and local levels and how they partner with charities and others to deliver their mission.
Submit a CV and letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested in this position, but would like to have an informal chat with Jo Wells, the Trust Director first, then please drop us an email via email@example.com and we’ll arrange a time for a phone call.