Would you like to play a key role in building and developing a charitable foundation that is working with passion and vision to assist vulnerable people?
The Longleigh Foundation provides grants to residents of social housing to enable them to make changes to their lives. We are committed to using the resources we have, and to developing new resources, in order to expand this work and create innovative responses to the challenges faced by local communities. Working closely with the Trustees and a part-time administrator, the Director will play a key role in helping us to unlock further our potential and impact, leading on strategies to develop our work, growing a set of key relationships, identifying innovative ideas and taking the organisation forward.
Our vision is:
for everyone to have the opportunity to live a better life
The Director will have a clear mandate from the trustees and a supportive environment in which to develop and grow our work. The attractions, opportunities and challenges include:
- Reflecting on our grant giving programme and working with the Trustees to ensure that we are maximising our resources and impact.
- Listening to the people we support, and ensuring that the grants we offer are widely known.
- Working collaboratively in different areas to identify potential innovations that can make a difference.
- Unlocking opportunities to develop partnerships and resources.
For the right person, this is an exciting role and we will welcome and encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons. Whatever your motivations for wanting to be the Director we want to hear about them and we want to hear from you, particularly if you have:
- An enterprising mind and business acumen, vision and an ability to think outside the box and be genuinely innovative.
- A passion for developing and growing a small organisation so that it can support more people to reach their potential.
- A relish for getting out and about, networking with local stakeholders and movers and shakers, and being able to discern what interventions might make a difference in an area.
- A trusting, collegiate and collaborative approach to building relationships with Trustees, partners, funders.
Download the information pack.
If you’d like to discuss this role further please contact Allyson Davies, our selection advisor, for an initial conversation via email@example.com or call 020 7828 3855 or 0796 855 6164.