What we do
IFF meetings are held twice a year in May and November. Smaller working groups are established, comprising of a few IFF participants, to take forward work between the IFF meetings.
Current areas of work
1. Study on Collaboration
A small working group to take forward work on ‘collaboration’ comprising the Big Lottery Fund, Esmée Fairbairn, Community Foundations Network, City Bridge Trust. A study on cross sector collaboration has been commissioned to Diana Leat, an independent consultant.
The aim of the study is to examine joint working between funders across sectors to identify:
- types of joint working between funders across sectors,
- rationales for joint working across sectors,
- different categories of partner,
- different roles in joint working across sectors,
- origins/drivers and expectations of joint working across sectors,
- stages and processes of joint working across sectors,
- obstacles to joint working across sectors,
- costs and benefits of different types of joint working across sectors,
- some of the ingredients of effective joint working across sectors, and some challenges.
The long-term objective of this work is that the IFF enables the setting up of practical collaborations between funders around shared areas of interest.
2. Sustainable development
This involves a piece of research to look at mapping funding for environmental initiatives in the UK. This will help identify gaps in environment funding, look at the organisations which provide advice on sustainable development and help facilitate potential collaboration between funders in this area.
For more information about the IFF or to discuss the areas of work please contact Oliver Sian Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org