Benefits of Joining ACF
What are the benefits of ACF membership?
- Representation: We represent our members’ views, interests and concerns to legislators, policy-makers and charity regulators.
- Networking: We are a network exclusively for independent charitable funders, connecting our members from around the UK.
- Information: We keep our members informed of the issues that affect them with targeted, timely and up-to-date information.
- Guidance: We provide guidance, practical advice and inspiration on key topics to enhance our members’ effectiveness.
- Support: We are a committed staff team available to support our members in their work.
Through a range of regular mailings and briefings, publications and events; in print, online, by phone and face to face, ACF provides information, guidance and examples of learning and good practice for the UK’s charitable trusts and foundations.
The key features of ACF membership are:
- Monthly newsletter summarising what UK foundations and grant-makers need to know about changes in charity regulation and the voluntary sector with regular briefings giving in-depth analysis on topical issues;
- Quarterly magazine, Trust & Foundation News, a highly-rated and relevant resource full of shared experience;
- Free copies of our publications which provide vital reference material, practical advice and summarise current thinking for foundations;
- Surveys and consultations to take the temperature of the funding sector and share members’ views.
- Exclusive access to events and networks on funding themes, developing or innovative practice, or to consider strategic and topical legal and regulatory issues;
- Discounted access to our professional development programme of seminars for grant-makers at all levels of experience, offering expert and practitioner insights not available elsewhere;
- Priority booking for ACF annual conference, the premier networking event for independent trusts and foundations to meet, share and learn. Ninety-six per cent of delegates would recommend our conference to a colleague.
Some of these events are open to non-members. See our online events listing for further information.
- Registration for the members’ area of our website: www.acf.org.uk with a wealth of downloadable resources for trusts and foundations, a members’ news and jobs board, online networks and event booking;
- A committed staff team available to connect members with their peers and answer queries on a wide range of topics, from grant-making policy and practice to legislative and regulatory issues.
- A meeting room available for members to book at a competitive rate and free hot-desk facility at our central London office.
Become a Member
Membership of ACF is open to any UK organisation which is an endowed foundation or makes grants for charitable purposes. If you would like to join ACF and you are a grant-making charity, please go to our become a member section.