About Us - Association of Charitable Foundations
The Association of Charitable Foundations (ACF) is the UK wide support organisation for grant-making trusts and foundations of all types.
Our membership of over 300 includes many large independent foundations; local and community trusts; family trusts; corporate foundations; and broadcasting appeals. Grants given by ACF members in 2005 totalled £1.2 billion.
Although the core of ACF’s membership is drawn from grant-making trusts, we have many member foundations that are increasingly involved in other activities, especially research, policy and influencing work, but also venture philanthropy and social investment.
ACF was formed in 1989 and became a charitable company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales on the 1 January 2005. Our company registration number is 5190466 and our charity registration number is 1105412. Our Registered Office is: Central House, 14 Upper Woburn Place, London, WC1H 0AE.
ACF is governed by its Trustee Board, the membership of which is elected at the AGM.
- John Kingston OBE, The Lloyd Fund, Chair
- Sara Llewellin, Barrow Cadbury Trust, Vice-Chair
- James Brooke Turner, Nuffield Foundation, Treasurer
- Fraser Falconer, BBC Children in Need Appeal (Scotland)
- Karisia Gichuke, City Bridge Trust
- Paula Kahn, Cripplegate Foundation
- Trudy Kilcullen, Jack Petchey Foundation
- Lucy Palfreyman, Paul Hamlyn Foundation
- Colin Simon, Comic Relief
- Andrew Stafford, The Dulverton Trust
- Jane Streather, The Millfield House Foundation
- Cullagh Warnock, Northern Rock Foundation
- Pam Webb, Zurich Community Trust (UK) Ltd
- Tim Wilson, City Bridge Trust
ACF’s annual report and accounts 2011:
Our latest annual report and accounts are now available to download.
ACF Annual Review:
Our latest Annual Review is now available to download.
Annual Report Archive:
Earlier Annual Reports are available to download below: